Associate - Corporate Commercial
- Experience Level
- Working Hours
- Full Time
- Practice Area / Department
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
As part of a growing and thriving team, this new role offers a broad diet of Commercial law work with a focus on IT/Technology matters. Truly diverse in nature, it will appeal to a lawyer seeking genuine breadth and depth, and the opportunity to develop and showcase a range of legal skills.
Clients are both UK and international, and come from both the private and public sectors.
The new recruit will be expected to advise on matters including but not limited to:
- Contracts for the supply, support and maintenance of IT systems (acting for both buyers and suppliers)
- Software licences
- General commercial contracts including agency, supply and distribution, manufacturing and licensing agreements
- From time to time Corporate restructuring, joint ventures and shareholders' agreements
- Terms and conditions for websites and e-commerce
- Confidentiality and data protection.
- Legal research
- Complying with core competencies as appropriate to the fee earner level of qualification
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships
- Active participation in marketing initiatives
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures
- Participating in firm-wide and departmental training sessions
The firm has a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies we expect of those at this grade. In particular, for this role we require:
- Flexibility and positive outlook
- Strong client focus and service delivery
- Drive and enthusiasm
Experience and qualifications required
- Excellent academic record and training
- Qualified solicitor with likely at least 3 years PQE
- Additional Information
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.