Senior Paralegal - Residential Development
- Experience Level
- Working Hours
- Full Time
- Practice Area / Department
- Housing & Regeneration
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Real Estate is a key focus of our business. From investment and management of existing assets to major development and regeneration schemes, about 60% of our lawyers practice full-time in the sector across a wide range of disciplines including investment, finance, development, construction, asset management, planning, environmental and dispute resolution. We are ranked by The Lawyer as having one of the UK's Top 15 Real Estate practices overall.
Recent winners of Law Firm of the Year at the Insider North West Residential Property Awards, our Manchester practice focus on deeper connections between real estate and commerce, communities and culture that impact the way people live and work. From luxury city living destinations such as Angel Gardens, part of the NOMA masterplan, to working on large-scale regeneration schemes such as the high profile Hattersley Estate in Tameside, our thinking extends beyond the day to day delivery of transactional and advisory legal services to provide our clients with fresh thinking and commercially driven solutions. Our multidisciplinary team advises on development across residential, commercial, retail and mixed use real estate.
We have plans to grow and an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Real Estate Paralegal to join our top tier Housing & Regeneration development team in Manchester, which is currently a team of 13 lawyers.
Work will include: crossover local authority and registered provider housing development, estate regeneration and joint venture projects; investment acquisition, disposal asset management work; private residential and commercial development for clients including registered providers, developers, local authorities and other public and private sector clients.
Some of the team's recent transactions have included the award winning Kings School project in Macclesfield and work to support the Greater Manchester Housing Providers in their joint venture to deliver private sale housing schemes across Greater Manchester.
- Negotiation of deeds of grant of rights, easements and wayleaves, substation leases and transfers;
- Dealing with adoption agreements for roads, sewers, and open spaces;
- Routine property and conveyancing transactions; small disposals and acquisitions; land swaps.
- Assisting with completions, Land Registry applications and requisitions, SDLT returns;
- Assisting solicitors and partners on property and developments transactions for housing associations and developers;
- Providing excellent and timely client service;
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with the firm's procedures, including Lexcel.
The firm operates a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies we expect of those at this level, and beyond. In particular, for this role we require:
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage files, independently where appropriate;
- Strong client focus and a commitment to service delivery; and
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Flexibility and a can do attitude.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Excellent academic record;
- The role would suit a candidate with substantial property experience or paralegal experience
- Prior experience in real estate work in private practice, ideally with experience of development matters, is beneficial;
- Good team player.
- Additional Information
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.