NQ/Solicitor - Development
- Experience Level
- Entry Level
- Working Hours
- Full Time
- Practice Area / Department
- Real Estate
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our market-leading Real Estate team in Bahrain and to specialise in mixed-use development and large scale project work, as well as commercial property investment and landlord advice for the letting of properties at prestigious malls/office complexes. Our work spans development from the small to the large and complex and we are active in creating structures for complex projects within a brand new regulatory framework.
As the number one firm in Bahrain we are often involved in first-in-country transactions and in developing new concepts and so it is a role that requires creativity whilst at the same time providing the opportunity to demonstrate strong business development skills with a fast moving and high profile client base which the role will involve interaction with. While based in Bahrain, the work will cover our offices across the GCC. We also regularly team up with UK-based colleagues to advise on UK deals for Middle Eastern clients.
- Involvement in all property aspects of development schemes;
- Advising on and undertaking acquisitions of development sites for private sector developers and investment houses;
- Undertaking a mix of property work for private developer clients including acquisitions, disposals and contract and asset management;
- Advising on airport concession agreements and housing PPP agreements;
- Advising on FM and hospitality-related management agreements and other forms of commercial contracts;
- Strategic land acquisitions including options and development agreements
- Advising on the letting of commercial property;
- Legal research;
- Comply with core competencies as appropriate to the fee earner level of qualification;
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Active participation in marketing initiatives;
- Participating in firm-wide and departmental training sessions;
The firm has a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies we expect of those at different levels. In particular, for this role we require:
- Flexibility and positive outlook
- Strong client focus and service delivery
- Strong attention to detail
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to take on responsibility, and progress matters independently where appropriate;
- Flexibility and 'can-do' attitude;
- Excellent technical skills and innovative approach to their application;
- Commercial awareness;
Experience and qualifications:
- Excellent academic record;
- Qualified solicitor;
- Previous experience in Real Estate advantageous;
- Additional Information
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.