- Experience Level
- Working Hours
- Full Time
- Practice Area / Department
- Support - IT
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
The purpose of this role is to design and deliver IT training courses and training materials for end-users
- Conduct classroom and remote training sessions for all staff on a wide range of software applications.
- Provide in-house bespoke IT Induction training for new starters.
- Continually identify the IT training needs within the organisation.
- Write and update training manuals and handouts for training purposes.
- Design, organise, set up and deliver courses to meet the needs of all staff.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant systems and software and where appropriate work together with the applications team to develop and deliver a training course.
- Provide training support as and when required.
- Co-ordinate the administration of training courses, including diary management and database management.
- Design, produce and edit eLearning content.
- Manage and maintain the IT Training areas.
- Regular travel to each of the UK offices.
- Provide holiday cover for colleagues in other offices when required.
- Liaise with stakeholders and IT on product releases and future development
- Contribute to IT projects and represent the IT Training team at meetings from time to time
Experience and qualifications:
- Proven experience of designing and delivering IT skills training courses to a wide range of users
- Experience working in a legal environment would be an advantage
- A thorough knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Knowledge of using a document management system (eg iManage WorkSite)
- Knowledge of a time recording system
- MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainer) qualifications would be preferred
- A competent user of Excel would be an advantage
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A strong team player
- Ability to use initiative
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- Additional Information
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.