- Experience Level
- Entry Level
- Working Hours
- Full Time
- Practice Area / Department
- Support - Marketing
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Part of the wider Marketing department, the CRM Assistant role is to assist the CRM Manager and CRM Executive in improving the quality of the data and acting as a champion within the business to increase adoption, usage and reporting. Sitting within the CRM team this role requires a great attention to detail but also a strength of character and confidence in dealing with people throughout the firm at all levels. The role is multifaceted and requires a real go-getter.
- Assisting with auditing of the data by running searches to identify inconsistencies, duplicates and other data quality issues
- Ability to identify themes or common inconsistencies and to come up with ways to resolve them
- Cleaning up data on clients and contacts including de-duping and merging records as agreed with the CRM Manager/Executive
- Business Development reporting
- Supporting the CRM Executive in travelling to regional offices for business development training and support (one-to-one and group)
- Undertaking any other data cleansing processes required by the CRM Manager/Executive
- Making amendments to data in accordance with the firm's agreed standard form
- Researching data using internal resources such as the internal business new website, and external resources including LinkedIn, organisation websites and online directories
- Manipulating data in spread sheets, and the CRM database (InterAction)
- InterAction generates tickets as users change data about firm contacts. The CRM Assistant shares responsibility for researching and processing these changes and following up with the user as necessary
- Identifying data conflicts for the CRM Executive to resolve
- Company and market research/analysis to support business development initiatives
- Marketing email (VX) occasional creation/review
- An understanding of the sensitivities involved in dealing with confidential information and our obligations under GDPR
Experience and skills:
- Experience working with data desirable but not essential
- A-Level / NVQ / Degree – essential
- Excel experience - essential
- Experience or understanding of working in an office – highly desirable
- You will be detail and task orientated with the ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Excellent attention to detail is of primary importance for this role
- A methodical and logical approach
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Understanding of the confidentiality issues surrounding the handling of CRM data
- The ability to emphasise the importance of data quality and what is it used for
- Understand the CRM system and be an advisor/champion for end users and their queries
- Be able to grasp concepts quickly
- Flexibility to help out where needed
- Additional Information
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.