Partnership Tax Accountant
- Experience Level
- Working Hours
- Full Time
- Practice Area / Department
- Support - Finance
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
We are looking to recruit a Partnership Tax Accountant to join the busy Finance department in our London office.
- Dealing with queries from partners regarding their pay and tax affairs on a day to day basis
- Meeting new partners and going through new partner checklist covering capital, tax reserves, drawings and setting up agency at HMRC
- Completing annual tax provision spreadsheet and journals
- Preparing partners' tax returns together with other Partnership Tax Accountant
- Organising 31 January tax payments to HMRC and posting journals for tax payments
- Tax planning for partners including relief available for pension contributions together with other Partnership Tax Accountant
- Preparing half yearly tax reserve statements for partners and release of tax reserve balances following closure of tax year together with other Partnership Tax Accountant
- Calculating partner net of tax drawings allowances on joining, promotion, flexible benefits window, maternity and keeping in touch days; posting journals therefrom
- Calculating partner drawings following pay review together with Partnership Tax Assistant
- Co-ordinate setting up, amending and cancelling standing orders to partners
- Calculating capital requirements in accordance with HMRC, liaise with partners, calculate and post interest on capital
- Request for certificates of loan interest paid from bank and check to internal records
- Liaising with Payroll regarding changes to Directors' fees
- Dealing with company secretarial documents and filings for Members / Directors
- Calculating partner full year profit share entitlement for accounts purposes
- Preparing partner statements showing amounts credited to their current accounts as part of year end entries
- Preparing monthly actual and budgeted partner charges and journals
- Drafting mortgage reference letters together with other Partnership Tax Accountant
- Meeting departing partners and going through leaving partner checklist. Settling current accounts balances for leavers
- Maintaining partner list and ensuring CCH Personal Tax is up to date
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries into partners' tax affairs
- Cover for other partnership tax accountant and team
- Ad hoc projects, which are wide ranging given the small size of the tax team and cover all the tax affairs of the firm and partners
The list of duties is not exhaustive and is intended to provide a general idea of the main duties of the job. As such the role may also include undertaking additional tasks as required.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- A strong team player
- A positive and proactive attitude
- An ability to operate autonomously
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- Able to process large volumes of data quickly and accurately
- High levels of confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy
- ATT qualified or qualified by experience
- Minimum 4/5 years in personal tax
- Previous experience working in-house in legal sector
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- CCH personal tax software
- Elite practice management system
- Additional Information
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.