Head of Front of House Services UK
- Experience Level
- Working Hours
- Full Time
- Practice Area / Department
- Support - Operations (including Facilities, Post Room & Reception)
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Manage the front of house teams and be responsible for the Firm's visitor experience.
- Line management of the UK Front of House teams including recruitment, training, one to one meetings, appraisal meetings, work performance meetings taking place as appropriate, travel to the Firm's UK offices
- Ensure the front of house teams meet the expectations of them in their roles and are well presented and professional at all times
- Work with the Director of Operations and London Operations Manager to devise a standard operation manual including, processes, service levels, approach to clients and business dress
- Compile and plan the front of house rotas
- Keep an up-to-date client contact list and distribution list as required
- Ensure a daily inspection of meeting room equipment, including lighting, fixtures and fittings and report any issues to the Facilities team
- Monthly reporting of meeting room books and space utilisation
- Annual reporting on project plan for the Front of House function
- Liaise with internal stakeholders in the organisation of internal events
- Ensure the telephone back up service for the offsite switchboard is working appropriately
- Regular liaison with onsite contractors including catering, security and cleaning to ensure a one team ethos
- Taxi bookings for internal and external clients as required through ground floor reception
- Ensure all team members are aware of their responsibilities for First Aid and fire evacuation
- Assist with concierge and ad hoc duties as required of the business
- Ensure a high standard of presentation in the reception areas including flowers and decorations are appropriately displayed and newspapers are current
- Provide practical support to the Front of House function including meeting room bookings, telephone and video conference call set ups, meeting/greeting clients plus switchboard duties
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- A strong team player
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment
- An ability to operate with minimum supervision
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- Ability to seek out opportunities for continuous improvement and change
- Front of house management
- Actively managed work performance issues on an individual and team basis
- Extensive use of IT systems including Microsoft Office, telephone and room booking systems, AV equipment
- Events organising and hospitality
- Additional Information
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.