Senior Paralegal - Real Estate Finance Security
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications. p>
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Who we are
Trowers & Hamlins' dedicated Real Estate Finance Security team is made up of 31 real estate lawyers nationally. The team acts for Registered Providers of affordable housing, as well as lenders, funders, institutional investors and security trustees, on all aspects of property due diligence work required to secure various finance structures and to support large scale property transactions.
The team has secured thousands of properties for a large number of capital markets issues (including bonds and private placements) for housing associations across the length and breadth of England and Wales as well as traditional bank lending. The team forms part of the Housing Finance group at Trowers, which has been consistently ranked in the top tier in both Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners legal directories. For several years running, the group has been trusted by more housing providers than any other firm to deliver on their capital markets transactions.
Due to growth we are seeking a new team member who will play a vital role in the property aspects of substantial secured financial transactions, specifically dealing with extensive property due diligence, preparing property conditions precedents and drafting the certificate of title. The team works collaboratively on a variety of projects, with support provided from the team and wider firm to develop skills and expertise.
What you'll be doing
- Involvement in property due diligence aspects of residential and mixed-development sites and social housing both in relation to acquisition and putting them into charge;
- Assisting with title reviews for property transfers and stock rationalisation exercises;
- Assisting with the property aspects of large scale capital markets issues and large scale loan refinancing for RP clients;
- Running smaller charging transactions;
- Assisting the team and liaising with clients over a variety of property and title issues;
- Acting for funders on approval and consents to various legal documents entered into by borrowers;
- When required, assisting with other Housing and Regeneration work, for example, development;
- Legal research;
- Running own files;
- Active participation in marketing initiatives and business development;
- Complying with core competencies as appropriate to your level as set out in our Career Development Framework;
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures;
- Participating in firm-wide and departmental training sessions; and
- Training and development of junior legal and administrative staff (where appropriate).
What you'll need
For this Senior Paralegal role we require a paralegal or part-qualified CILEx with experience in residential property, property development or security work, preferably with housing association clients. In addition, you will need:
- A proven ability to take on responsibility and manage files, independently where appropriate;
- Strong client focus and service delivery;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- A methodical, disciplined and organised approach;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong team skills; and
- An excellent academic record.
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.